Make sure your technician has a cosmetology, esthetician’s or waxing license, and knows how to prevent thermal burns, friction burns, skin irritations and follow sanitary procedures.
- Technician should have a cosmetology, esthetician’s or waxing license.
- Test the wax on the tech’s wrist (much like a baby bottle) before applying the wax to the patron to avoid thermal burns.
- Do not wax the same area multiple times to avoid a “friction burn”.
- Do not wax on pre-existing inflamed/irritated/lesion covered areas as this can cause a more severe irritation.
- Hair should never be removed from warts, moles, skin growths of any kind, from the soft tissue of the eyelid or from the nostrils.
- Avoid double-dipping wax sticks to prevent the spread of infections from one patron to another.
- Change the towel, sheet or paper beneath the area of the patron that will be waxed.