So what’s all the buzz about?
The Buzz includes our blog SassiTalk, news, events and articles.
Check out our latest blog posts.
- Get to know your clients—every time you see them (7/21/2017) – Whether we go to a dentist, physical therapist or other appointment, we’re all used to the question, “Are there any changes to your health since your last visit?” There are good reasons these professionals ask the question: they want to make sure their treatment does not affect you negatively because of a pre-existing condition. And… Read More »
- There’s no upside to going uncovered (6/21/2017) – By and large, we had fun exhibiting at America’s Beauty Show. We met fascinating people and checked out the latest beauty trends (you can read about my experience in this blog post). I equivocate just a bit because I had a few worrisome conversations with people who were not covered by insurance. Some folks essentially… Read More »
- Three secrets to salon success: surveying our contest entries (5/10/2017) – Thanks to our Salon Secrets contest, we’ve spent the last few months learning how salons from across the country build successful businesses. The entries spanned a wide range of ideas for finding success in a competitive industry. With so many different salons built on so many different “secrets,” there have to be some threads that… Read More »
- Colorful hair, complex cuts and a whole lot of body paint: America’s Beauty Show 2017 (4/21/2017) – Since we typically attend insurance trade shows, Sean Brownyard and I knew when we registered that America’s Beauty Show would be a totally new experience. But nothing could have prepared us for the vibrant reality—a salon, runway show, beauty product expo, drag show, and talent showcase all rolled into one glittering, colorful party. ABS brought… Read More »
- Salon Secrets from coast to coast (3/4/2017) – We’ve had such a good time spreading the word about Finally Lisa’s Hair & Nail Salon, founded by our Salon Secrets contest winner Lisa Bodreau. But we received many compelling entries, from salons large and small, full-service and specialty-focused. In fact, the one constant among the entries was just how different they were. Our two… Read More »
- Introducing Finally Lisa’s Hair & Nail Salon, winner of the SASSI Salon Secrets Contest (1/18/2017) – Over the past few months, we have been lucky to read the stories of the salons and day spas that entered our Salon Secrets Competition. Salon and spa staff and owners from across the country shared compelling stories about what makes their businesses thrive—whether a unique specialty or a special touch with customer service. The… Read More »
- Propertycasualty360.com: 5 things to know about insuring salons and spas (July 2016)
- Insurance Journal “A Blemish on the Beauty Industry” (September 2015)
- Salon Today “Finding the Total Insurance Package for Your Salon” (September 2015)
- Nails Magazine “Mixing Business with Friendship” (April 2014)
- Nails Magazine “In Case of Lawsuits” (February 2014)
- Press Releases
- What’s Happening – SASSI Events
- Past Articles Archive
|Underinsuring the Beauty Industry May Have Not-So-Pretty Consequences||Download|
|Finally Lisa’s Hair & Nail Salon wins SASSI® Salon Secrets Contest||Download|
|SASSI Salon Secrets Contest Gives Beauty Pros a Chance to Win Big||Download|
|Salon & Spa Workers’ Comp Program Available in New York||Download|
|SASSI Expands Workers’ Comp Program in More States||Download|
|SASSI Introduces Online Insurance Option for Electrologists||Download|
|SASSI Introduces Workers’ Comp Coverage||Download|
|SASSI Offers New Competitive GL Rates for New York Spas & Salons||Download|
|Brownyard Introduces SASSI||Download|
SASSI created our own infographic! Forever Young: The ‘Booming’ Anti-Aging Market
|SASSI Infographic – Forever Young: The ‘Booming’ Anti-Aging Market||Download|
- Why salon & spa staff need to know when to say “no”
- Cocktails and cuts: a fun blend or a recipe for disaster?
- Why licensing is a crucial issue for salon safety: a case study
- 3 key questions about salon & spa workers’ compensation
- The wildly successful salon and spa industry, by the numbers
- Prepare for the worst, hope for the best: Understanding unusual salon claims
- A slippery slope: when salons and spas don’t take slips and falls seriously
- Groundhog Day-jà vu: The salon claims we see again and again
- 5 Beauty Treatments That Support New Year’s Resolutions—And How to Keep Them Safe
- Taking a chill pill: Is cryotherapy safe?